Using Safe Nail Polish on Kids
I was so excited when I came across this natural, safe nail polish. It is water based versus solvent based so it is non-toxic, odorless and ecofriendly.
Solvent-based nail polishes are loaded with harsh chemicals like formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone. Piggy Paint does not.
These chemicals can cause a variety of health problems. They are toxins that may cause birth defects and developmental problems in children of pregnant women who have had extended exposure. Along with possibly causing cancer and asthma.
I’ve always been hesitant to paint my 5 year old daughters nails because of the horrible fumes and the fact that she put her hands in her mouth a lot as most kids do and would be ingesting some of these chemicals. I’ve only done it a handful of times even though she asks me quite frequently to paint them.
So, I’m am super excited about this!